Student Services

Services Offered


Study Abroad Insurance

To participate in Study Abroad programs, students traveling internationally are required to purchase Foreign Travel Insurance through their campus. Visit this page to learn more. 

video camera

Film Shoot Liability Insurance

Producing full and short length films is vital to the educational experience of our cinema students.  When shooting films off-site, nearly every film shoot location will require that a filmmaker carry some form of insurance. A good example of this is the need for general liability insurance to cover property damage and bodily injury to third parties. A building owner will want to be protected for any damage to the location. The building owner would also want to be protected from any lawsuits brought forth from a passerby. SF State’s Film Shoot Liability Insurance policy provides coverage for our students when shooting off-site.

To request proof of this insurance for a film shoot, please contact Pablo Riquelme Cuartero, Production Coordinator, by emailing


International Student Health Insurance

The Board of Trustees of the California State University requires all matriculated, degree-seeking F-1 international students to have health insurance as a condition of registration and continued enrollment in the California State University system. Visit the Office of International Programs website to learn more about what's required.